The tourism council of Bhutan will issue the Bhutan visa to Yelha Bhutan Tours and Travels only when they receive 100% wire tour payment in advance. Tourism council of Bhutan will hold the tour payment in their account and will release the tour payment to the tour operator’s account after deducting the Royalty and after the guest leave Bhutan.
Q: How and when to transfer the tour payment?
- The guest has to deposit the full tour payment as per the tour invoice to the tour operators USD Bank accounts by wire transfer after confirming the tour package.
- The depositor has to email or fax the Bank telegraphic transfer receipt copy.
- Yelha Bhutan tours will mail, fax, whatapps you back, the receipt copy of our Bhutan National Bank when we receive the transfer.
- To wire transfer the Tour cost to Bhutan National Bank, from any Place outside Bhutan, Please request your Bank to remit money through Bhutan National Bank Ltd., Correspondent Bank as follows:
- Beneficiary Bank Account No: 0000066999014 (USD A/C)
- Beneficiary Bank : Bhutan National Bank. P.o box – 439
GPO Building, Chang Lam,
- Swift Code: BNBTBTBT
- Ultimate Beneficiary: Account No 0000066999014 (USD A/C) of Yelha Bhutan Tours and Travels maintained with BNB, Thimphu, Bhutan.
Q: How do I transfer my tour payment to Bhutan? Can I transfer payment via other banks also?
The only way to your payment to Bhutan is by bank wire to Bhutan National Bank Limited account then to ultimate beneficiary Yelha Bhutan Tours and Travels.
Yes! You can transfer the payments via other banks also but Standard Chartered Banks takes only 24-48 hours and the charges will be less also.
Q: How safe is bank transfer to Bhutan?
It is very safe to make tour payment transfer to Bhutan since the payment that you have deposited to the Bhutan National Bank is a bank where all the Government licensed tour company has its account, and which is registered with the Tourism council of Bhutan.The Tour payment will be duly deposited to Tourism Council of Bhutan(TCB) account where the TCB will withheld the payments to issue the visa and release it to the Tour operators only after the Guest leaves Bhutan.
100% received full tour payments have to be deposited to the Tourism council and the airlines account in the name of the transferor.
Q: How long will it take to reach Bhutan?
It takes more than 2-3 working days to be credited your payment into our account.
Also you are required to email/fax us bank transfer voucher/slip for necessary follow-up with the Bank from our end. We will also be sending you the receipt of the total payment which our bank has received, the payment transfer to Tourism council of Bhutan and airlines will also be forwarded to you.
Q: What are the Cancellations charges:
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
(a) Within 30 days of the start of the tour programme: Free
(b) Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
(c) Within 14 days:15% of the rate
(d) Within 7 days: 30% of the rate
(e) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50%of the rate
(f) After arrival in Bhutan: 100%
Q: What about Travel Insurance?
The Government set package tariff do not include any Travel Insurance. It is imperative that tourists have full comprehensive insurance cover to protect against unforeseen accidents and mishaps.
The insurance policy should adequately cover baggage and travel delays etc., helicopter evacuation, transportation and medical assistance in case of treks. Currently in Bhutan we don’t have travel insurance so we advise you to do the travel insurance in your country.
Q: Are there any charges for Delayed Arrival / Departure:
There shall be no charge for the number of days of delay in departure of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air/Bhutan Airlines problems or road blocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accommodation, food, transport and any other services required.