All tourists (excluding Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian passport holders) who wish to travel to Bhutan require a visa and must book their holiday through a Bhutanese tour operator or one of their international partners. The tour operator will take care of Visa arrangements for visitors.
Steps to Avail Bhutan visa:
- Yelha Bhutan Tours will send you the Confirmed air tickets booking.
- Mail the tour details and itinerary after you confirm the tour date.
- The Tour invoice for the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
For Bhutan Visa process the you have to sent us the:
- Duly filled in Visa form.
- Passport copy with 6 months validity
- Transfer full payment to Bhutan.
The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once the full tour payment has been received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free
- healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
1. The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- January, February, June, July, August, and December- US$200 per person per night
- March, April, May, September, October, and November – US$250 per person per night
2. Government Surcharge :
- Surcharge: Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Surcharge: Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.